Open Post-doc positions
Updated: Mar 4
We seek highly motivated and creative candidates who can fit in an energic, interactive, and interdisciplinary lab environment.
Projects will be related to:
(1) characterization of the mechanisms triggering m6A mRNA degradation in normal and disease states with a particular focus on myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia
(2) impact of RNA-protein complexes on m6A mRNA fate
Each of the projects provide the opportunity for considerable creativity and innovation. · More importantly, we will develop an internal training plan based on the candidate’s background to match the candidate’s scientific interest.
· Ph.D. in Biology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, or related disciplines at the start date (negotiable)
· Experience and training in one or more of the following areas: mRNA biology, CRISPR screening, molecular cloning, fluorescence microscopy, biochemist, acute myeloid leukemia as a model system, mouse work, next-generation sequencing
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Organization skills and attention to details
· Conceptualization, designing and independent execution of novel strategies to streamline aims of ongoing or proposed projects
· Take an active part in lab meetings, sharing and improving the knowledge of the team and obtaining information relevant to the team’s goals
· Provides expert input and guidance to junior lab members
· Active fostering of cooperative projects with lab members and external collaborators
· Provide support to grant proposals with internal and external collaborators
· Help with lab organization and other support duties relating to lab operations, as required
To apply, please email your CV, a summary of prior research and future interests, and the contact details for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be directed to the same email address.
Equity and diversity are essential to excellence. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds. The candidate selection will be made without discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics.
Are you a passionate RNA scientist? We could be the right match for you.